Notification of web filtering security feature which we are implementing for our NetCare customers: Free Trial
Over the coming weeks or months there is a real risk of an increase in malicious cyber activity.
This increase could come from multiple areas – firstly with schools, colleges and universities closing around the world and with advice to adhere to social distancing we are seeing an increase in opportunistic attacks from the cyber populous. There is also no doubt that organised cyber-criminal gangs will try to take advantage of the situation.
In fact, there are already reports of such activity:
At the same time many of our users will be working in an unfamiliar environment, possibly remotely working from a home PC or a laptop, and this could lead to mistakes being made that would not normally happen.
WEB FILTERING TOOL
For those of our NetCare Workstation customers who do not run the add-on Workstation+ security module, we will be implementing a web traffic filter on your business-owned workstations.
This filter will help increase security by blocking access to many types of potentially malicious websites. We will configure the filter to allow known good, business related websites, but to block categories not often related to normal business and unknown websites.
The Web filter module would normally cost £2/month/workstation but to help our valued customers, IntraLAN have managed to negotiate a free trial for April and May with our supplier. If you decide you would like to keep this security add-on, billing will start from June onwards. If you decide to cancel the service and notify us by May 20th 2020, you will not be charged (we will uninstall the feature during the last week of May).
BENEFITS OF INTRALAN WEB FILTERING
Keep Users Safe
- Threat protection: Protect against malware, phishing, adware, botnets, and spam.
- Bandwidth monitoring: Monitor daily usage with automated bandwidth checks and alerts.
- Access controls: Keep users off sites that could cause a data breach and protect the business from the legal liability that comes with a data breach.
Improve Workforce Productivity
- Site blacklists: Set and automatically enforce browsing policies that keep users off non-work related sites like gaming or social media.
- Time-based browsing policies: Modify blacklist rules to allow employees to visit non-work sites outside of standard business hours.
Get Complete Control
- Easy administration: our Remote Monitoring & Management web-based console makes it simple to gain control over your users’ web browsing with a user-friendly interface and workflow.
- Policies: use our Remote Monitoring & Management’s default web protection policies or create your own custom rules for desktops, laptops, or servers.
- Individual site blocking: Want to block specific sites that don’t fall within our core site categories? The web protection feature lets you add custom URLs to the blacklist.
Speak to a Customer Account Manager on 0344 770 7000 to discuss this added-value security feature, including the questions we need to know below.
WHAT WE NEED TO KNOW
In order to minimise disruption to the users we can add custom whitelist entries for any line of business websites or intranet sites you use.
- Do you have an Intranet site?
- Are there any line of business websites (such as a cloud based CRM) you use?